Friday, April 27, 2012

Half a Year

Well, Austin is half a year old!  Six months already- I just can't believe it.  Actually, he's six and a half months old.

I decided that it was a good time to get some pictures of him.  Our living room, where Austin spends most of his awake time, doesn't have the best lighting for photography.  The covered porch (which I love) makes it a tad dark.  Anyway, I thought I'd take him outside.

The weather was beautiful, Austin was happy.  This was going to be a good session, I could tell already.  I put down a blanket, flipped on the camera and got Austin settled.  He, however, had other ideas.

Apparently, the great outdoors is full of distractions.  Like wind.
And sticks.
And brothers riding bikes.
And grass.
Lots of grass.

He kept insisting on going over to the grass, even though he didn't seem to like the way it felt.
Then, of course, there were the publicity hounds.  Those types always look at the camera.

Austin has been "this close" to crawling for weeks.  He can get up on all fours, move his arms, move his legs, but not all at the same time.  He boot camp crawls pretty well, though, so he is mobile.

Toward the end, he started doing this little frustrated squeal.  Not crying, just saying, "Help!  Mommy won't stop trying to get me to smile!"
Happy Half Birthday, Austin!

No comments: