Sunday, July 29, 2012

One Month

It's been one month since Bryan passed.

I realized the other day (when I was paying medical bills), that Bryan entered the hospital exactly one month before he died.  The 29th of May.  The 29th of June.

On the 29th of May, the two of us entered the Valley of the Shadow of Death together.  We walked hand-in-hand, comforting and encouraging one another.  His faith was so strong!

We really did believe at that point that it was merely a shadow of death.  But at some point, the shadow for him became reality.  He really did die.  He crossed the river. And I was left standing in that Valley- now so much darker- alone.  The shadow is still with me.  Yet I'm not alone.  There is One who has promised to be with me, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death.

But He walks beside me very quietly.  Perhaps because He knows I'm not yet ready to listen.  I know He's there, though, and while that isn't comforting now, it will be as time passes.

One month.  It seems so much longer.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Praying always for you. The kids and I would like to visit with your family. Let me know whether sometime next week might work for you.

Vivian