Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Clinging


Bryan is one of the strongest and most independent men I know, and he's showing that now. As of 7 PM on Tuesday, he is, against all odds, clinging to life. Although it pains me more than I can say to see him struggle, I know him. He will stay as long as he possibly can. And we will give him all the love we can.

A friend gave me a wonderful printout of Scriptures which I read to him through my tears.


2 Corinthians 4:7-11
"But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellence of the power may be of God and not of us. 
We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed— 
always carrying about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus,
that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our body.
For we who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake, that the life of Jesus also may be manifested in our mortal flesh."

4 comments:

Amy said...

Aimee, you know that I consider Bryan to be a younger brother to me -- and I have been praying for my little brother without ceasing. Words are hard to come by right now. Continuing to hold you all up before the throne of grace and praying for the body of Christ to rise up and minister to every need of your family. Amy

leslie said...

We love you all Aimee, Jesus is shining through you to so many people!

Unknown said...

Aimee, I’m continuing to keep you, Bryan, and the kids in my thoughts and prayers, in my mind and on my heart … I can’t imagine how difficult and painful this time must be for all of you. I don’t know if this will help any, but for whatever it may be worth, I often find comfort in the Serenity Prayer; it’s how I tend to start each day … “Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference, amen.” I’m just a 10 hour drive away (which I’ve been known to make quicker), and I have plenty of mileage saved up on Southwest, so do not hesitate to call, text, or email if you need me, and I will be on my way … As you know, I’ve known Bryan since the 1st grade; your family is immensely important to me, and it is my hope and prayer, that somehow through all this, you might also feel surrounded and supported by God’s love, peace, care, compassion, and grace … Andy Reichert

texasmomof3 said...

Aimee,

We are Holding you close in our thoughts and prayers...

Dan and Susan Dilworth