Saturday, July 7, 2012

Thank you

When Bryan was in the hospital the first time, he told me that he was just overwhelmed by the "outpouring of love and support" we were getting from everyone.  "How are we ever going to thank everyone?" he asked me.  I told him that he could post a thank you on the blog.  He said he wasn't a writer, but that he'd do that when he was home.

That, like so many things that we had planned for our two week "break" that never was, never got done.  So I'll do it for him, and for all of us.

Thank you!  We can't believe how helpful and gracious and generous everyone has been.  Thank you for the meals, the cards, the help with yard work, the childcare, the donations, and so many other things that I can't even list them all. 

To our church family and others, your donations on Sunday paid for Bryan's funeral expenses.  Your generous spirit leaves me nearly speechless.  You are truly practicing pure and undefiled religion in the sight of God the Father.

Many people have asked to be allowed to help going forward.  The meal calendar is ending at the end of next week.  I promise that if we feel the need, we will reinstate it.  Many of you have also offered help around the house.  I do appreciate the love that your offers represent, but right now, I need the work.  I suppose not everyone has the same reaction to tragic events, but for me, having something to do is really important.  The days are really long without Bryan.

I've had so many people offer to do laundry.  In fact, it kind of makes me want to laugh.  I figure that I either have a lot of friends who REALLY like to do laundry, or else they REALLY hate it, so it would be the first thing to go if they were faced with a tough situation.  Honestly, I don't do all of our laundry by myself.  I do the washing and sorting, but the kids hang it up or fold it.  And they need to be kept busy too.

Our greatest need going forward will probably be childcare.  Not on a regular basis, but when I need it for an appointment or whatever.  We'll also need help with the things Bryan used to handle.  A special thank you to all the techie types who have offered to help with anything Nathan can't figure out.  And I've been getting great support with Bryan's business transactions.  Time with other families will also be important.

Ultimately, what we need most is your continued prayer coverage. 

From 2 Corinthians 9

And God is able to make all grace abound toward you, that you, always having all sufficiency in all things, may have an abundance for every good work. 

Now may He who supplies seed to the sower, and bread for food, supply and multiply the seed you have sown and increase the fruits of your righteousness, while you are enriched in everything for all liberality, which causes thanksgiving through us to God.   

For the administration of this service not only supplies the needs of the saints, but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God, 

Thanks be to God for His indescribable gift!


2 comments:

Jonno said...

Aimee, I am happy to hear the good report that God has been blessing you during your time of loss. Pam and I and our teens would be blessed to have an opportunity to help with childcare. Please call me @ 210-639-1090 or Pam @ 210-639-1188 if we can do anything for you.

Jonathan & Pam Epstein

Debbie M said...

Aimee, you also have my phone #. Please call me to come visit the children when you are needing childcare any evening but Friday (Bible Study on prayer! :o) ) It would be an honor!

Love,
Debbie Motto