Thursday, April 18, 2013

Phone

Things that do NOT happen while I'm on the phone:

  • Schoolwork
  • Chores
  • Brotherly (or sisterly) love
  • Reading, puzzles, constructive activities
Things that DO happen while I'm on the phone:
  • Spilled almonds (the 3 pound bag)
  • Spilled soymilk (usually on the carpet)
  • Fist fights 
  • Scraped knees
  • Bumped heads
  • Disappearing bags of chocolate chips
  • Secret playing of video games
  • "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy, MOMMY!!!!"
Yes, there is a reason I rarely answer the phone.  The phone is an instrument of disaster and destruction around here.  Even if all the kids are contentedly playing or working on school, everything explodes the second I pick up that phone.  "Quick- she's distracted.  Do everything you aren't supposed to do!"  Even the pets get in on the plot.  

And on that note, just a quick update:  As of next week, I'll be cutting off my Vonage line and going to just my cell phone.  You'll need to have that number if you need to get a hold of me.  Most of you have it, and if you're not sure, just email me:  aimee(at)hillcountryvillage(dot)com.  (Hint:  If you've been texting me and I never reply, you don't have my cell number.  And texting, by the way, is a far better way to reach me than an actual call.  Less distraction, less destruction.)

No comments: